Sunday 5 July 2015

Top 4 MAC Lipsticks:

1) Diva - Matte

Diva is a wonderful vampy red colour with a burgundy undertone. It's perfect for the winter months when a darker lipstick is more acceptable than in the current summer months, so it's had a break from my make up routine. Even though it's of a matte formula, it's still rather creamy, highly pigmented and glides onto the lips. Paired with MAC's Beet lip liner, it's the perfect duo. A great drug store dupe for this lipstick would be the Rimmel Kate Moss in 107. 

2) Russian Red - Matte 

This is my favourite classic red lip by far. It's a blue toned red and like wise with Diva, it's highly pigmented and has more of a creamy matte formula as opposed to a dryer finish. There's a lot of competition between Russian Red and Ruby Woo. I've never picked up Ruby Woo, but I'm definitely itching to.

3) So Chaud - Matte

I love a good orange lip during the summer and this ticks all the right boxes for me. It's a very pigmented red toned orange and looks even better with a tan on your holidays. I'll definitely be taking this lipstick to ibiza when I get off in a couple of weeks!

4) Mehr - Matte 

Mehr is my go to every day lipstick. It has greyish blue undertones and has been described as a dirty pink. It's a perfect every day lipstick as it's not too in your face, very much unlike Diva, Russian Red and So Chaud.



Clearly from this you can see that I bloody love a good matte formula. I just love how they look on the lips and how pigmented the matte formulas are by MAC. I do own plenty more matte lipsticks by MAC, along with the infamous Velvet Teddy.

Don't fear - I also own other formulas by MAC, believe it or not. I have a few amplified finishes, Chatterbox being my favourite, but I'm just so put off wearing them as often as they aren't matte.

I'm definitely looking to add to my MAC lipstick collection as I love nothing more a good lipstick. Next in line to be purchased are Kinda Sexy and definitely Ruby Woo so I can make up my mind as to whether it's better than my beloved Russian Red.

Which MAC lipsticks do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment