Monday 29 June 2015

PLAYLIST #1

Crosley Record Player - Urban Outfitters - £100
Florence & The Machine / How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful - Flotique - £25.00

1) Florence & The Machine - Queen Of Peace: 
Florence is one of my favourite artists in the world. I don't want to sound like one of "them" fans, but I truly have loved her since day 1 and seeing her headline Glastonbury on Friday night had me very emotional. She just ticks all the boxes for me musically, her fashion and her stage presence. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful exceeded all of my expectations. It's lyrically a masterpiece and musically stunning. The trumpets have seen the rather iconic harp take a backseat, but it's a change I like. Queen Of Peace has to perhaps be my favourite from the new record. Other favourites from HB,HB,HB include St. Jude, Various Storms & Saints and the demo track Which Witch.  

2) Foals - What Went Down: 
Foals are back and they are back with a colossal bang. I am loving their new heavy sound, which is a total change from the usual math rock vibe. You could see the heavier influences pushing their through in their last record Holy Fire on tracks such as Inhaler and Providence. What Went Down is a great opening track giving us a taste of what the new record is going to be like. I for one am loving it and cannot wait. 

3) Jamie XX feat. Romy - Loud Places: 
I highly anticipated Jamie XX's release of In Colour. Loud Places is the first track from the album. It's got a total chilled vibe - perfect for summer days in the garden catching the rays. I can't stop listening to it and to the record. I must buy the vinyl. 

4) Kate Nash - We Get On: 
This is a golden oldie from Kate Nash's debut LP Made Of Bricks. I've recently been messing about in my spare time off university creating various different playlists on Spotify to suit whether I'm at the gym, a playlist for getting ready for a night out, a chilled out playlist and even a playlist for Ibiza. I added a few old Kate Nash songs to one of my particular playlists and I forgot how much of a gem in my music library. We Get On was always one of my favourites and Made Of Bricks reminds me of being around 14 so it's lovely when she pops up on shuffle. I love her relatable way of writing about relationships, love and life. There's a few lines in We Get On that I can totally relate to from my own experiences and it's always nice to know you're not the only one feeling that way, isn't it? 

5) Taylor Swift - Bad Blood: 
There's nothing more I enjoy than having a good sing-a-long when I'm driving and Swifty comes on the radio. She's rather fabulous. It's amazing to see a strong woman single handedly challenge and change the music industry. Go Taylor! I love Bad Blood and I've found myself listening to it a lot lately. The accompanying video is star studded and sassy as hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment